How to protect your home from wildlife this winter
As the temperature starts to drop and winter begins to set in, wildlife will start looking for a place to shelter from the cold. This can often mean that they will seek refuge in your home, causing damage and creating a mess. In this blog post, we will discuss some ways you can protect your home from wildlife safely during winter. We will also provide information on how you can get humane wildlife removal services from Magna Pest Solutions.
Warning: These are tips on protecting your home, but don't deal with wild animals directly, it can be very dangerous. Leave handling animals to the professionals!
1. Seal Up Any Openings: The first step you should take to protect your home from winter wildlife is to make sure there are no openings in the exterior of your home, such as small gaps around doors and windows or cracks in the foundation. These openings can be used by animals seeking shelter from the cold and need to be sealed up properly to prevent them from entering your house.
2. Lock Away Food Sources: Another way you can deter wildlife is by keeping food sources locked away so that animals cannot easily access them. This includes pet food, bird seed, garbage cans, compost bins, etc. Make sure all of these items are put away or secured with a lid so that animals cannot gain access.
3. Keep Branches and Trees Trimmed: You should also make sure to keep trees and shrubs trimmed so that animals cannot use them as a bridge or ladder to get into the attic or other parts of your home.
4. Use Lights and Noises: If you have an area of your home where wildlife is especially troublesome, you can install motion-activated lights or noise makers such as ultrasonic devices that will scare away animals when they come near.
5. Humane Wildlife Removal Services: Finally, you can contact Magna Pest Solutions for professional humane wildlife removal services. Our experienced technicians can identify the type of animal in your home and safely remove it without harming it. We also provide advice on how to prevent further wildlife intrusions in the future.
By following these tips, you can help protect your home from wildlife during winter and prevent costly damage to your home. If you need help with humane wildlife removal services, don’t hesitate to contact Magna Pest Solutions today! We are here to help! Thank you for reading this blog post about protecting your home from winter wildlife. We hope that it will be helpful for those of you experiencing issues with animals entering your house this season. Have a safe and happy winter!